Thursday, September 5, 2013

Time flies. 

wow, its been over 3 years since I posted here, time to update. The journey changed my life. Yet over the last year and especially 4 months I have not been careful about choices and guess what, the weight was starting to sneak back. So over the last few weeks I've been working on getting back on track. Now I'm feeling very good about my choices again and know that when any of us chooses to take control we can do it.

In the last couple  of weeks I've joined a gym and started regular workouts, this week I am now watching and counting calories and staying true to a low calorie lifestyle.

Food is such an important part of socializing, its a constant reminder to stay true to myself and not the needs and desires of others. Everyone loves decadent food on some level, yet I have to seriously ask myself why am I eating? Am I REALLY hungry?

Over the last month or two, I've noticed how easy it is to give into and just have a little more, even when I was not hungry, then realizing, am I ever hungry right now? Its so easy to just stay "full" and not let the body do its natural thing. Feeling Hunger is Healthy, feeling full or stuffed is not.

This is my journey, this is my body, at 42 I am well aware of what I truly need versus want. I do better when the Needs are meet and the Wants are left idle.

So, here is to my health, to me making choices that are about being Healthy and eating to fuel my body. Fueling my body with wonderful, healthful foods. Its a great time to do it with all the Farmers markets right now, good, terrific tasting food is abundant!


2 comments:

  1. You are one of the very few people I know that has proven, beyond the shadow of doubt, that you can. It is of value for everyone to know how your choice to question yourself and improve yourself is a daily choice. And like all things in motion, they tend to stay that way....LOVE AND LIGHT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so easy to get off track, isn't it? Let's try to focus our family meals on healthy choices and activities! It's more fun to do it together. Oh, and we need to get our new walking shoes soon! Keep it up little brother!

    ReplyDelete