Friday, March 5, 2010

So how is it going?

It's Friday! I'm ready for the weekend, its a packed weekend of IDITAROD fun. Before the race the band I play will rehearse tonight, always a good workout, then tomorrow morning downtown Anchorage for the ceremonial start of the race. I'll be shooting the start of the race and will include some in a future video-blog. Saturday afternoon is workout time with Michelle at BodyRenew. After two sessions I can't wait to work out again with her guidance, what a differance a personal trainer makes!

Sunday is the restart, the real start of the race in Willow. I am hoping to ride a snowmanchine out on the trail a ways for a proper sendoff. Followed Sunday night by another Rebuttals rehersal. That's a full weekend!

By far the most frequently asked question is "so how is it going?" and I am so happy to report that it is going really well. Today is day 18, I have accomplished more projects in the last 18 days than I have in a few months. Energy levels are way up, the training sessions with Michelle are making an impact in awakening muscles that have been sleeping for too long.

The 'diet' portion is so easy. The only challenge that I face right now is sticking to the schedule of when to eat with a busy life. Yet there are many tools that help, like the iPod, there are apps that help schedule when to eat and remind me, hey time to eat! I find the meals to be satisfying and filling, plusing eating so many raw vegitables (they could be steamed if I wanted) is just awesome.

It really makes me think why in the past I made the choices I did. Why eat the Junk when good, healthy, incredibly tastey food is so readily available. I won't beat myself up over the past, yet I want to recognize the old habbits and leave them in the past.

I love this oppurtunity, a sincere Thank You to everyone at Alaska Premier Health and Body ReNew.

Go Rick! time for number SIX!
Brad

2 comments:

  1. Brad; Let me know if you received my email response. "noreply-comment@blogger.com" is the return address, so I don't think you'll get it. Here it is >>

    Fantastic! Mike Ford and I are going this Sunday and can "scout" the trail. People go up all year round and usually there are steps kicked into the snowpack that actually make it easier in the winter unless there's fresh snow. No matter what, we can make an attempt and see what happens. Sometimes it's beautiful, and sometimes the wind will knock you down. I am not a fast hiker, so no worries there. "Slow but steady. Steady but slow. That's the way I like to go." (From Goofy's Big Race, a Disney spin on The Hare and the Tortoise by Aesop.

    Set a time, and we can meet somewhere. Parking on the backside of Flattop is slim, it may be best to park at my house on the hillside, and we can drive up DeArmoun from there. Keep me posted on what your preference is. Jon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun at the start of the race and cheer loud for Uncle Rick! I bet it is nice to have a trainer; someone to guide you and teach you how to do things right. Keep up the good work - anxious to see the next video blog.

    ReplyDelete