Tuesday, March 30, 2010

T O D A Y

Today was weigh in, six weeks since day one. On day one I weighed in at 340, I was morbidly obese, had blood pressure of 142 over 92, in every way physically unfit. My energy was low, I had mood swings depending on when I ate, I hid from the world more than I participated in it because moving in the world was uncomfortable.

That was then, today is a completely different world for me. Today I weigh 307. Today my blood pressure was 126 over 72, today at my workout at Body ReNew I did 3 sets of each exercise instead of 2. Today my energy is high and getting higher. Today I love to go into the world, to see people and already know that they see me differently then just a few weeks ago and for the last many, many years.

Prior to starting the program at Alaska Premier Health I did a lot of research about other peoples experience, maybe that is why you are here at this blog, a common thread was many people had strong emotional reactions during the weight loss. So I have been waiting for that to happen, I had visions of waking up at 3am freaking out from hunger and raging into the video camera. Thankfully that NEVER happened. Tonight, something intense did happen and I want to share that.

The day was great, I had accomplished a lot of work and I was off to work out. Suddenly I had this surge of emotion realizing that in 8-10 days I will be under 300lbs. I'll admit that I started to cry. I think deep down doubt had built up that maybe that just wasn't possible. Doubt. Well I'm happy to say goodbye doubt, goodbye fear, hello me weighing less than 300lbs. Very very soon. Heck I'll be going way past 300. Remember the new pants from a few weeks ago? They are starting to be a bit big...that new belt hole?....soon I think we'll add another.

I plan on getting a new video blog up very soon. Thanks for all the comments asking when the new one will be posted. Thank You to everyone of you for supporting me.

In closing tonight, I would like to again express my Sincere Gratitude to Alaska Premier Health and Body ReNew. Each and every one of you has made a direct impact, a measurable difference in my life and well being. As Michele and I like to say at Body ReNew I am a Human Being, so it is only logical and right that I keep my Being Well.

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!! Go Brad - I just had my week 3 weigh in at APH - down 16 pounds....woohoo and it is surprisingly not as hard as I thought....the strict schedule helps. I think too we may have had our "A-HA" moment where we realized this is it...and we are sticking to it! Go us!

    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you a great big hug from all of us - we're SO proud of you and are as emotionally invested as you are - a healthy, HAPPY cousin is what we want! Lots of love from LA! =)

    ReplyDelete