Thursday, March 18, 2010

I've got a secret.


I'll let you in on a secret, I've done this before. As a little kid I was always 'Husky' that's even what my pants used to say 'husky' always big. At 13 my father passed away and a big kid got even bigger, until at 15 I wrestled as 'Heavyweight' I was over 200lbs by 14. Then a family friend that ran a diet company enrolled me in their program and I lost 7olbs. Here is a couple of pics, the one on the left was during the weight loss, we can't find any of me at my biggest back then, the one on the right is at the end of that process, weighing in at a whopping 170lbs.

So why do I bring this up? Sometimes the biggest obsticle we face is the fear of the unknown. I can completely empathize with anyone that might read this blog and say "I can't do this" or whatever. Fortunately I have had the experience of changing my body shape before and I know first had how AWESOME it feels. That is part of the reason why I feel that things are going so well for me now.

The good news is that I am here to tell you that you CAN do it. When a person is ready, when one simply cannot take it any longer, when it just hurts to dang much to have ALL the clothes be tight and uncomfortable, when it hurts to walk or stand or just live. There are so many people right now that want us to be healthy and fit. I can tell you right now that Friends and Family are eager to support a decision that promotes Health! The proof is right in this blog with continued growing support for my decision.

So yesterday was the weigh in...and yes I am down. Going to keep the suspense until the new Video blog is posted in the next 24hrs or so. Life is going great, I am busy, full of energy, a renewed positive attitiude and not sluggish and slow. If you are thinking about addressing your health, if you would rather loss one pound than gain one more...today is your day, today is my day.

4 comments:

  1. You weren't just husky though, you were also adorable, determined, sensitive, creative and so much more. I'm so glad that so many people are following your blog and cheering you on, and I want to make sure they know that you are inspiring in so many ways. This is just one more example of you doing what you set out to do. As always, I'm proud to be your big sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brad you have made it through some rough obsticals in your life and I am so proud of you. You are taking a chance at a new you and to be alot more healthy for your new life to come. GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goshery, thank you, you are amazing and an awesome sister, thanks. Jason, thanks for your continued support and look forward to seeing you at our 30, healthy too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were always my super cool older cousin, regardless of what weight you were. Your sister is right - you're awesome and you are such a great example of setting your mind to something and DOING it! I'm so proud of you, just as I've always been. Love you!

    ReplyDelete