Monday, February 22, 2010

Day 7

Wow, what a week this has been. Already in just 7 days I feel like a different person. Seven days ago I started a medically supervised weight loss program called OptiFast at Alaska Premier Health. They have been inspiring in motivating and encouraging me, assuring me that I will not be alone in this journey.

Not only do I have their amazing support, I also have so many wonderful friends and family members that are supporting me as well. I am so thankful to each of you for the support and encouragement. As this blog grows, I will fill it with the experience of this journey, my story, stories from others that have climbed this mountain, conversations about health with you, all of the journey will be laid out right here for everyone to share in.

So thanks for stopping in, please check back often. I will post journals everyday and video clips at least once per week. Send emails with your thoughts, comments and questions and we will make this an interactive discussion about weight and health.

Sincerely,
Brad J Swenson

4 comments:

  1. Brad - thanks for having the courage to put your journey out there for others to experience. I'm inspired by you and I wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Brad! It makes my heart feel good to know how you're taking control of your health! A toast to you, your health, and many more years of having you around as my cousin! Stay strong and know our family supports you all the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. being so open like this, I can't believe that I'm doing it. Yet it is empowering to just lay it all out there and go, ya know what, here I am. I take full responsibility for who I am, good and bad. What is the Possum Lodge Prayer?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It takes courage, to stand up and take care of yourself, the way you are going about it. you have my upmost respect, for doing this, so others can have a chance to see how this treatment works for you and maybe all so them. The best of luck to you brad. And you do such a wonderful job on all your work you do. Nice :)

    ReplyDelete